February 9, 2007

Tis the Season

I know at least a few of you are, like me, spending most days in anticipation of any word from PhD programs. I'm of the opinion that any news, including the good-for-someone-else-but-bad-for-me, is better than no news at all, so I propose we use this space to post significant application news. I personally expect lots of rejections, so I'm not hesitant at all to share my own info if others do the same. If everyone feels the same, include the list of schools/programs you applied to in the comments below.

Another useful resource might be the Grad Cafe Forum, where people are reporting admissions decisions for grad programs of all sorts. Obviously it's not terribly complete, but it does seem like it will be of some help (for example, I see that two people have received acceptance phone calls from Chapel Hill).

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I'll start things off:
JD/PhD (both programs):
NYU
Columbia
Harvard
UPenn
UChicago
UCBerkeley
Yale
UCLA
UMichigan

PhD:
Arizona

2/09/2007 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Criminally Bulgur said...

Berkeley
Brown
Harvard
North Carolina
NYU
Princeton
University of Texas, Austin
Toronto
University of Toronto
Yale

No calls

2/09/2007 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Criminally Bulgur said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2/09/2007 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hm, it looks like someone on Grad Cafe also got a rejection letter from Chapel Hill. So as long as you're not in that boat, you're in good shape.

2/10/2007 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

I'm applying to Harvard, NYU, Princeton, Rutgers, Pitt HPS, Notre Dame, Michigan, Stanford, UCLA and Irvine LPS.

I've heard back from a couple of places; email me if you're interested. (I'd rather not post publicly).

2/15/2007 07:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home